Sunday 30 January 2011

Nigeria... Where Is Your Humanity...( iConfuse)



The other day, I got a link on FB, something about the most recent occurrence in Jos, inboxed me by a friend  a link As hardcore as I can be, I couldn’t bring myself to play the videos I saw on the link, The pictures  alone spoke a thousand words…

Jos’ situation came to light to Nigerians in Diaspora and at home  when (unconfirmed jist) a bunch of Muslims raided a village in Jos which is supposedly Christian, and massacred them in the most inhuman way possible. Massacred them in such a way that it was only fit for an R18 movie..  

If you think Hotel Rwanda (the movie) was bad… uh uh.. you ain’t seen nothing child… THIS was the deepest.. The one that occurred last year.  I can’t remember the exact month. It was horrible.. the nation was outraged.. Pictures started going up, on facebook, blackberry messenger, there was outrage on Twitter with trending topics such as #stoptheviolenceinJos amongst several others.

So in my mind after a couple of months… I thought the government had done something about it as per you know actually listening to its citizens and intervene in the situation.. and Plateau state governor, whatever his name is, said something had been done and curfews had been posted and some other yanz. But I forgot one crucial thing..

THIS IS NIGERIA! POLITICIANS LIE!!!!  Oh how naïve I was… KMT

So sha, forward a couple of months later.. I see a couple of statuses go up on BBM and pictures about JOS I was like “hold on, I thought this had been rectified or brought under control at least”.  I asked I asked around, and just a couple of whispers, nothing serious, and there was some other yanz about how they were using religion to cover up the happenings, but I didn’t hear anything serious, so I just thought oh okay, this is just small small issue. And besides with the school work I have. I don’t go looking for the news. I have the mind set that “if it’s important enough, I’ll hear about it”

UNTIL!

I got that link.

I was shocked..

Then I blanked out, scrolled down, reading all the information.

Then I laughed (when I laugh it’s not always funny by the way.. it’s more of I don’t know what other reaction to give)

Then I saw the pictures, I dropped my laptop, continued what I was doing. ( I think I was watching Friends on E4, btw they reaaaalllyyyy need to stop the re-runs though)

Then It sank in.. I was maaaddddd… like seriously???? Are these people serious??!?!?!?!

I couldn’t even play the videos

I MEAN DID YOU SEE THE PICTURES?!?!?!!

How is this not front page news in Nigeria?!?!? I mean seriously?!?! 

I mean realllyyyy how far is Jos from Abuja.. I’m pretty sure the last time I checked the map it wasn’t that far.. hold on.. *Checking google maps*  yep..  just a state separating Jos and Abuja…

Forget the fact that it happened for a second.. I’m sorry but is Nigeria’s media censored now?!?!  How is this not Front page news?!?!  I mean that something like this could happen and it’s not on CNN or SKY or at least somewhere prominent..

I mean these pictures were bad bad… like call Obama in for questioning in front of Supreme Court BAD!!

How is JONATHAN still president?!?!

WHERE IS the UN!?!?!

ARE THESE PEOPLE SERIOUSSSS!!!!!

I mean … did you see the pictures?!?!?!

*Okay I breathe…*

I don’t understand, how are the elections still important over this horrific massacre?? I mean I’m pretty sure Hitler’s methods of killing the Jews were less horrific than this.. surely! They were gassed or shot (with no offense to Holocaust victims or Jews) – I did history at some point. I’m not trying to justify Hitler, but surely something more horrific than that should raise a few eyebrows. I mean macheted body parts  of kids that the intestines are falling out kind of death

My goodness!!....  

I honestly don’t understand.. WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIA!!!

Is this until something like this happens in Lagos or Abuja or Port-Harcourt that these people will sit up?!?!
I don’t know again oh.. what kind of inhumane leaders do we have if they can sit back and do nothing about it.. and consider elections more important.. please if any  public statement has been made about it, can someone please inform me?!?!

How has Jonathan not issued a public statement about this?!?! We are only 36 states for goodness sake..
Infact why is Jonathan still going for president anyway.. This is the same president who in 3 short years, has Boko Haram bombings, Niger Delta kidnappings becoming a norm, and Jos under his rulings?? Doesn’t that say anything about him?!?! I mean I cant criticise, cos honestly I don’t know the first thing about politics, but SURELY!!! This must say something about the kind of president we have who can sit back and allow this kind of thing to happen?!?!?!

But Jos..

I can’t shout, biko nu… All I can do now is pray for these unfortunate souls, that they knew God before they died, and they rest in peace, and help the survivors cope with the post trauma of this. God is the defender of the weak. And People, please don’t think for one second you are better than these individuals. It’s just the grace of God. Please if you can do something.. Do it but at the bare minimum, pray that God has mercy on them.  If there’s anyone who knows how I can help.. please  please please let me know…. 419 (Fraudsters and Scammers)  need not apply, I will just call God’s vengeance on you oh! ,. “So are oh!” (be careful o) )

 I don’t know what to say that cannot be said in a better ways by others 

But, I have three questions…
Is this Nigeria?

And the ultimate questions of the year…
Nigeria… Where is your humanity? and Nigeria... Where are you Going? 

May Nigeria not breakdown into a war-torn country in Jesus Name... 

Adios


p.s


okay after been advised by Walter O and with his permission 
i hereby post the link 


please open this link at your own discretion.. and please note I will NOT be held liable for any damages to your sensibilities. you are on your own oh! :P


http://www.streetnaij.com/2010/04/05/see-no-evil-hear-no-evilviewer-discretion-is-advised/


2 comments:

  1. I was reading it before you sent the fb message even.

    I whole heartedly agree with your thoughts tbh, my friend is thinking of making a website or some sort of forum to air opinions n views bout stuff like this and he's happy to get people involved so tell if you want to join and i'll keep you updated.

    Feel free to post the link, though do warn people bout how gruesome it is.

    Walter O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I will be happy to do that Walter.. thank you..
    I have posted the Link now.. cheers! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete