Thursday 3 February 2011

Will You Marry Me?.... #Understatement


I saw this somewhere a while ago.. and thought I should share with you guys.. it's one of the most beautiful stories I've come across.. and no doubt encouraging for everyone out there.. :-)

it's REAALLLYYY longg... (even by my standards) but it was definitely worth the read in my opinion. 


Be blessed and enjoy as you read ... 

with love 

Kally 

Dinner table all set, The knives are on the right, the forks on the left ,the spoons are set to the right of the knives ( the melon one and the soup one) Glasses are set above the plate to the right in order of course, the water ,the wine and the flute. The dress code on point ,the flowers are to the left of the table so I can see her face clearly, the cutlery is polished its only been 8 weeks I’ve been wondering how to make her my wife but tonight is the night I finally ask. I’ve loved her since we met and the road has been long.

She’ll be hear in an hour and I’ve changed ma shirt 4 times already.. The food is ready. (Thank God for moms hey)

I walk around the studio flat to make sure no socks are on the floor , no underwear like most days is hanging of the radiator .. I glance at the ps3 and think no not tonight gotta prepare my self ..


I begin to think but not too much as each time in the last 8 weeks I’ve chickened out.. we met in the oddest of situations and I knew I loved her but even that took a while . She adores me and I her ,I have all I need in a wife .. it been an amazing 2 going on 3 years .

As I sit there loads of this come into my mind
... It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him" (Genesis 2:18 KJV).First so I know I’m meant to be with someone.. I have prayed about this woman and even thru ma human doubts I know my fears are unfounded God is bigger than them all

As I think one last check God is she the one ‘ Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, completing) for him" (Genesis 2:18 Amplified).’

Enters my mind and she is. She adds to me emotionally and spiritually.. Physically it’s taken some prayer and loads of grace to contain myself. The woman was made for me

Okay so 30 mins had gone already and I began to pray for wisdom favor and all I had found my wife with His guidance so I was not going at this one alone . .

Ten mins before she was due to arrive I had to change my shirt again .. I was sweating so much. The phone rings and she says “ hey baby” and ma world spins “ I’m on ma way ma sis is running late I’ll see you in 15 mins “

I catch ma breath and think okay food check, ring check ( it a tiny white gold band with a small stone diamond and sapphire swirl just as she described it cost me not much but I had to get that exact one .. ) so ring ,food , water , drinks the green shloer ( I need to remember that name lol ) okay I have to calm down what am I forgetting so I reach into my jackect pocket and get ma list ..

I look at it
God check
Dressed check
Perfume check
Food check
Drink check
Ring check
Mints check

And at the bottom

What will you ask ?


My head started to spin … what was I gonna say .. will you marry me ?????? huh what kind of question is that ..

The word marry could not carry what I was intending to ask her..


I wanted to ask her to share with me in the journey that is my life , to glorify God with our marriage and to ask her to lift me when I become weak , to ask her to support my vision , to ask her to endure the tough times ahead because she loved me , I was gonna ask her to let me love her even with nothing to my name but my hope and faith in God .
I wanted to tell her I couldn’t afford much hence the home cooked meal.. But all I had would be to love God and her and in that order.
I wanted to ask her to be my best friend, my lover my, boss lady my companion, my counselor, my all .. I wanted to ask her to love me even on the days I was annoying.. I wanted to ask her to embrace ma family and love them like I do . I was about to ask her to bear my name and all that it is and to eventually bear my seed

I wanted to ask her to be my world.. to keep me before My King in service as that is where I am my best .. .. I need to ask that she live with me and tolerate my habits and train me to be a better man

I wanted to ask her to let me lead even when I seemed un sure..
I was about to ask for her lifetime investment in me to never end. So what kind of question is will you marry me..


Its 5 mins to go I am on ma knees and I remember He has gone before me and I am about to come into favour the door bell rings I get up from the floor wipe ma face and walk calmly towards the door … I grab ma swagger and composure on the way open the door with a smile and say “ my queen you are welcome ” .. she walk in and i begin to breathe .... TBC
it not just a question one uses every day it a stepping stone into destiny ...


She looks overly beautiful today although she has just worked a double shift. With school and work I really don’t know how she does it.. I just wanna carry her around breathe for her to all I can but I quickly bring ma self back to the room and ignore ma thought .. she smiled and ma heart leaps she walks into the living room sees the table and her face glows ..


“lilies baby aww” and she hugs me now ma heart is busting out of ma chest every time she is around I’m at peace she doesn’t have to try . She sashays to the table.. I watch her closely I pull out her chair and as she sits down. I can smell her perfume.. My knees buckle and I rush to sit down.. Wow I think the scent of a Queen.. We get into dinner I watch her, I look forward to the little portions and the small bites . I watch her as she tells me about her day..


She moves her head to the side, smiles and she sighs my heart is won over and over .. I see so far into the future I wanna get there now.. I see her walk down the isle I see her introducing me to our first son in the delivery room, I see her cry when he goes to school, I see her open the surprise gifts I will get, I see us 40 yrs on and I get on ma knees and say “baby thank yu “


I barely hear her account of the day.. On to desert I just watch her I think “God ,of all the men in the world she loves me enough to sit here and eat with me .. she loves me enough to let me dream ,, I sit there in awe that God would give me such wonderful woman ..i don’t deserve it but i will hold on to her .. Cherish her and never let her go


So we finish dinner and we start on the dishes she notices I’m all dressed up … she smiled and I twirl. As we do the dishes I tell her she means a lot to me .. she tells me she is blessed and she would not have it any other way .. We sit down to talk like we always do.. I bring her close and I feel her melt in ma arms.. I feel like the man she sees in me. I tell her how happy she makes me and how I appreciate her patience and love.


I kneel before her as we talk and she looks straight at me.. She tells me how I complete her and how she appreciates me .. The more she talks the less I hear all that in ma head is “GOD SHE LOVES ME SIMPLE ME “


I finally say a last prayer and I put ma hand on hers I say “baby girl listen , (she tilts her head to the side and slightly raises her eyebrows I know she is listening ),,
You know I love u , I tell you I show you , I even pray it .
You are my perfect girl , from the day we met we’ve come through the odds but with each day you become more and more beautiful in side and outside ..
you make my heart race and stop all at the same time
when you're not around nothing good feels as good
when you smile, you light up my insides
when we pray I know we turn things around
your passion and heart bless me and glorify my Father .. your destiny is amazing


Physically shawty u more that a ten .. they don’t come any better .. ( I smile and compose ma self )for u to look at me the way your do lets this little boy know He is indeed a King with you by his side .. baby you only have to wake up and i'm willing to do the rest .


she smiles while the tears fall .. I think "oh no" but The Holy Spirit says ask
so I reach in ma pocket and I bring out her ring she freezes and I say to her


“Baby will you do me the honour of bearing my name , my all, my seed, my destiny and even my possibilities “




The room is silent and I’m waiting … 30 secs sounds is like eternity .. she comes back to life and sighs now I’m getting scared


She wipes her face and says “baby no “ I don’t have time to react and she kneels with me and says it would be an honor for me to bear your name , your all , your seed your destiny and even your possibility .. That kind of privilege …. And tears just stream down her face


I’m stunned this women with all she is ,thinks I’m honoring her hold up .. we hold hands and began to pray .. After we pray she looks at and says “ may I honor you by saying yes “ I have never jumped this high ..


I put the ring on her finger and she marvels at it for the next hour and I just go round the house praising God and phoning anyone who would pick up..




Now I know you all thinking aww but it took prayer and discipline the challenges brought about when two souls try and become one can make or break them .. There is no time to focus on the physical.. God first. But that does not mean you don’t do anything else ..


Pray together , pray for each other ,, get to know one another its not enough being nice to each other ,.. you can’t say well we never get mad please, you are made in the image of God to two who got angry the most in the bible where God and Jesus . Its about teaching each other how to handle each other ..


Relationships don’t need to be miserable.. If its causing you pain take it to God He will fix it and tell you how to.. Love withers all storms and true love doesn’t just walk away true love is rooted in God from Him we know how to love.. 1 Corinthians 13 we all sing it but really study it .


You would go into an exam with out studying, so study read the word ... its the final authority what does it say find out what Christian authors say about courtship and marriage.. Don’t depend on what others think it the rest of your life so invest in it .. Here is some where for you to start


http://www.pastormusa.com/

there is a reason our pastors are invested in us ..


Peace and love stay connected .. Love deep, love true love strong and Love God first and the rest will be your testimony ..
Heres to a life time of joy and amazing relationships..


remember Marriage is only the beginning i'll soon write on being married and staying married the book you forgot to read ..


stay blessed stay connected ..
God first , you can't fail .. i guarantee it

No comments:

Post a Comment